Saturday 3 November 2007

5 days and counting....

It all seemed like such a great idea 10 weeks ago. A challenge, a chance to escape, step outside my comfort zone and all that. Hmmm. With 5 days to go I'm beginning to wonder.

It all seems a bit too close for comfort now as we prepare to embark on this big adventure. And I say we, because it is a full family adventure. It may be me who gets to fly off to Africa but there is much planning and anticipation back at Mason HQ too, where there has been military planning for Operation Mozzie. There are plans for food, childcare, school pick ups, after school drop offs, emergency phone numbers, who needs what when lists, what to do if lists, how to do the washing instructions, this is how to bake a spud sheets..... and so it goes on. All in a bid to ease my conscience about leaving the family behind.

They, however, seem incredibly relaxed about it all. Maybe it is the excitement about finally being able to have a kebab without me eurghing and screwing up my face in disgust. Perhaps it's the thought of some real home cooked food rather than the freezer junk we seem to have been living off for the last x weeks. Or the prospect of being able to take it in turns to sleep in dads bed (after all he will be lonely...). Any how, whatever is keeping them chilled, I'm glad. I hope it last through to 8.45am Monday morning when we have to bid our farewells.

So - on to tonights challenge; working out how to fit 4 suitcases worth of toys, nappies, parachute (don't ask), balls, lollipops and a few clothes into one small case with a total allowance of 20 kilo's.

Hmm - I'll let you know......

No comments: