Saturday 3 November 2007

Weight-ing and updating.

Firstly, welcome to the new blog - hopefully this will be easier for you to read and to post onto. Please do post messages - I need your support and cheery messages every day. I've transferred all my previous posts so those of you who are new to this can start at the very beginning (it's a very good place to begin.....)

The team met this morning for breakfast and to weigh our suitcases. I scraped through just, but was somewhat embarrassed when everybody elses cases seemed to weigh about 10kg less than mine! Even more so when I worked out most of my excess weight seemed to be my toiletry bag! Anyway, we were able to get virtually all of the extra stuff into peoples cases and bags so there is a whole load of very exciting things going off to Beira. Thank you to everybody who has donated goods or money to
cover the things we are taking with us - it will be a great blessing to everybody there, and to us as we share gifts and supplies with our friends in Beira.

I also found out this morning that Dave has set up a casa reom blog so I've put the link to that on here too so you can read both and check the stories tie up!

More later I expect - off to the cinema now.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I'm sure your toiletries dont weigh that much!!! least you can think of a reason your bag weighs so much!!!! I've decided i'm going to leave my shower gel/shampoo etc out there, more room (weight I really mean!) to bring some things back!!
2 sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hi youi still did not persuade julia to leave her pillow. i will keep in touch .
graham