Saturday 10 November 2007



Coming to you today live from an internet cafe, another first for me! 25mtc for 30mins which is bout 12p!! So much seems to be happening, and I struggle to remember it all! Yesterday, Friday, I opted to go back and visit the boys at Inhamazua and they were really pleased to see the team again. We spent the morning playing with frisbees and rugby balls, and the boys taking lots more photos. We had taken our own lunch that us girls had bought in the morning from a street market , bread, tomatoes, mangoes, bananas and water. We were very pleased with ourselves for getting it!! We also had a bit of the maize mash and beans that the boys were eating, but it didnt feel right taking food from them.I had watched it being cooked on the open fire earlier and was amazed at the strength of the lady bashing away at the huge pans.
Before I go any further can I apologies for the state of this typing things just arent in the same place and lots of punctuation marks are not even on the keyboard!!
After lunch Dave and I took photos of all the boys next to their names and ages so that we can make a book of each of them. There were some real characters who played to the camera! I gave the book from the children at Net Connect to Simao and he shared it with the boys.
Now, dont tell Rich but I actually did a spot of painting too. It was great fun to get the boys helping as we painted the boundary wall white. I also spoke with a lady who lives in the corner of the site via Samiguel and she asked me to take her photo which I very gladly did. I offered to paint her house too, but she dedclined!
They all loved the parachute that Net Connect had sent and made up some wonderful games.
The time is going very quickly and today were are having a bit of time off. Tonight we head to the beach for a meeting which is supposed to be very exciting and an amazing experience. I can-t wait to see the sea.
Things are going very well, though night is lonely in my room alone, although the spiders are quite good entertainment. I cannot wait for a clean shower and fresh loo!!
Keep sending the comments I love reading them all. And dont forget to check the other blog casa reom.blogspot too.
Love to all. C xx

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi Corrine, another great blog. As you said on a previous day New Wine is luxury! It brought me up short to think that the people there live that life 365 days of every year! I know you'll have a fantastic time at church tomorrow.

Love

Jackie

charlietiggerific said...

Glad you're having an awesome time...life will never be the same again! Continue to have a blessed and blessing time! Love n hugs, Raych xxxx

Martin said...

Well done Corinne - great blog!

Everyone, do look at the other blogs: www.casa-reom.blogspot.com
www.victoriasaxby.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Coz

Thanks very much for the birthday text for Caitlin today and for thinking of her amongst all the excitement over there. We hope that the beach prayer meeting is fab.

Love and prayers

Derek, Sarah, Caitlin and Jamie xxx

Derek Old said...

Hi again.

Just wondering if you've had a chance to impress the boys with your Portuguese singing yet? (Hee hee).

If you've not, has Vicky??

LOL D x

Unknown said...

hI IT SOUNDS AS IF YOU ARE GETTING ON GREAT AND ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCES LOVE ALL THE COMMENTS
LOVE TO JULIA
GRAHAM