Wednesday 21 November 2007

Coming down

Well, it has been a good few days back at home and lovely to be back with Rich and the kids. Don't seem to have seen many other folk though - you all seem to be leaving me to it but I'd love to see or hear from you! Everything seems to have run smoothly at home in my absence, thanks to everybody who helped along the way. They were all very well looked after and I think Rich only cooked once in the whole time.

I was quite emotional in the first few days, missing the sun and the kids and also being struck by the realities of what I had seen there in comparison to all that we have here. I am often reminded of things I have seen, or funny things that happened out there. I don't think the family has tired of my tales just yet, but it is hard not to keep talking about Mozambique rather than concentrating on the life back here. 

Church on Sunday was really good, and the first few songs were spot on - talking of Gods protection, of his presence in the darkness and wilderness, and of how he carries us through when we are weak. We all went upfront to share how we had changed and what we had learned - it was hard to summise. I know we are all changed people though. Today Phil returns to the Uk, so that is the whole group back home new. Dan stays out for a few more months and I look forward to updates from him. Several of the people out there have been suffering with Malaria and other illnesses which has made me realise how vulnerable we were, and that we were very lucky to have only had mild health problems. The ulcers are all now healed! 

We have posted several photo albums for you to take a look at, the links should be below.
i have plenty more if you want to see the lot.
Back with more tales soon. 


 


No comments: