Saturday 3 November 2007

Did it!

Well, today I finally managed it. I packed the suitcase. And it's only 3kg over which wasn't too bad until I remembered I was supposed to be leaving 5kg of the 20kg allowance for "stuff" we need to share out between the team when we meet tomorrow morning. Ooops!!
I figure I am already carrying a parachute( don't ask!) and extra gifts from Net Connect, the group I run for 7-11yr olds, plus lots of tea, hot chocolate and biscuits so I'll be let off I'm sure. Won't I....?

Today has been a bit emotional as it is finally starting to sink in. I've had lots of good wishes, and cannot believe that I am now into the final weekend before I go. I had a lovely bedtime with Stef and Toby with lots of cuddles and chatting. I'm just trying to give them space to talk if they want to and ask questions about it all so it isn't all squashed into an emotonal Sunday night and Monday morning. Oscar still seems oblivious to it all!

Me and the kids are going to see Ratatouille tomorrow as a treat whilst Rich is out on a ministry day in Bracknell. We've got team meeting at 9am to sort suitcases, then puppet practice for Family Service on Sunday, then can enjoy the rest of the day together.

3 more sleeps then - better go and knock another one off ready for the weekend. Night!

2 comments:

Martin said...

Have a great time and do look ater my little girl!

Cozzie (not in Mozzie) said...

I will do - how many gins is she allowed on the plane??!!